dcm4che3 is a collection of command-line programs for DICOM file operations and networking. It is supplied as a zip file of Java files, which may be extracted to any convenient location.
To run the programs from the command line without having to specify the installation path, add the path of the bin directory to your Path system variable (see Windows path).
Some of the commonly-used programs are:
- Dump the header of a DICOM file
- Establish a simple DICOM image archive
- Query a DICOM server for a patient, study, or series
- Retrieve DICOM images from a server using C-GET
- Retrieve DICOM images from a server using C-MOVE
- Establish a DICOM server to receive images
- Send DICOM images to a server. Also used to test connectivity using C-ECHO